Standing Forward Bend – Uttanasana
Would you like to relieve stress & anxiety?
Calm the continual flow of thoughts down for a minute?
Improve your digestion?
Stop those pesky headaches or insomnia?
If you answered yes to any of the above this simple pose is for you! When held for a few minutes you will begin to feel improvements straight away. The only people who I recommend to stay away from this pose, is if you have lower back or neck injures…
How to get into this pose.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart
- Keep your legs as straight as you can, without any discomfort.
- Take a deep breath in, then on your exhale fold your body forward.
- Making sure your legs are straight, lengthen the front of your body as you are leaning forward and try to release your hamstrings.
- Cross your arms as they hang forward.
- Keep your face and head relaxed.
Hold this pose for up to one minute. To come out of it gently roll your back up and stand straight with your eyes closed and tune into your body and how you are feeling.