Looking for a fast dinner? Always! These pea & bacon fritters are quick and easy and have a yummy twist! I whipped these up when I was in a hurry and from entering the kitchen to having it on the plate was 20 odd minutes!
2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
1&1/2 cup bacon pieces
1 400g can corn kernels (or use fresh if you prefer)
250g Haloumi cheese – coarsely grated
3 Eggs (lightly whisked)
3/4 cup self-raising flour
1/3 cup milk
- Pan fry the bacon pieces lightly.
- In a large bowl, use a fork, spoon or lightly use a masher to slightly mash the peas. Mix in the can of corn kernels, bacon, Haloumi and egg
- Add the milk and flour and stir until combined. Season with salt & pepper (I also use fresh chives from my garden)
- Heat a tiny amount of oil in a frying pan over medium / medium-low heat
- Scoop large tablespoons of mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. Cook in batches (I do three at a time in my large frypan.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Turn. Cook for a further two minutes until golden. Place on a plate lined with paper towel and repeat until all cooked.
You can substitute ingredients in and out depending on what’s in your fridge and dietary requirements.
This makes enough for us for a couple of nights. I normally serve it with a simple salad & greek yoghurt or sweet chilli sauce on the side.